Thursday, March 4, 2010

B-Positive!




I have been accused of many things in my life, not all of them flattering.  But, recently, a number of people have accused me of being too positive.  Of all of the things I have been called, I have to say this is a first. My answer has two parts.  One, guilty as charged and second, thanks you.

I have come to believe, through many trials and much error that thinking right is worth the energy. When faced with the option of being eternally positive or hopelessly negative, choose positive.


Dr. Norman Vincent Peale is probably most famous for a success classic, The Power of Positive Thinking.  Another of his texts is high on my personal favorite lists, simply titled, Staying Alive All Your Life.  In it, Peale posits that the key to long life is a positive attitude.

We can all find something to complain about.  The weather, our jobs, what somebody did or said to us, what they didn’t do or say for us, our health, etc. The list is as long as our imagination, but none of it is productive.

When it really comes down to it, the decision to be positive is just that, a decision. If we anticipate and project negativity, guaranteed it will smack us right in the face at some point.

If you are going to dare to change your focus and begin to think differently, it is going to take some training.  While that training will be ongoing, the benefits can be experienced almost immediately.

Attitudes and thoughts do not change overnight, but the decision to make the change does.  B-Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment